Date(s) - 17/10/2017
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The Canberra Cycling Club track racing is held at the Narrabundah Velodrome (the ‘Bundadome’) off Goyder St, every Tuesday night October through March, and has something to offer cyclists at all levels, both new and experienced.
Tuesday night racing has a fun and relaxed atmosphere where everyone is welcome, regardless of your club affiliation or ability. We would love to see you join the track family!
See the program below for details.
- Track opens: 5pm
- Racing starts: 6pm
- Racing ends: approximately 8pm, or when the light fades.
- Cost: $10 Seniors (u19 and above), $5 Juniors (u9-u17)
You will need a current Cycling Australia Race Licence to race. Also, you must have attended three novice sessions prior to racing, or be able to demonstrate track riding experience before you are permitted to race.
Club bikes are available to borrow on a first come basis. Bring your own pedals if you have them.
Various training options are available:
- Juniors – Sunday 9-11am, Thursday 5-7pm
- Novice – Sunday 2 – 4pm
- Opens – Sunday 4-6pm
For more information contact Nathan Edwardson
The Narrabundah Velodrome is located off Goyder St in Narrabundah. You need to proceed through Narrabundah Oval carpark, past the playing fields at the eastern end. See Google maps
All velodromes have subtly different rules and Narrabundah is no exception.
- Slower riders at the bottom, due to the steepness of the banking.
- ALL riders must enter and exit the velodrome on foot, and start and finish at the bottom on the home straight.
- Look out for other riders, especially when there are riders of different ability around. When passing in training, shout “Stay down”. This will let them know you are about to overtake them and that they must ‘hold their line’.
- There is no racing or training if it is raining.