The Canberra Cycling Club is seeking expressions of interest for a volunteer (or volunteers) to run the Summer Criterium Series, starting with the 2014 / 2015 series in October 2014.
The existing Series Coordinator will be stepping down at the completion of the current series but will be available for a comprehensive handover which ideally could start to take place during the final few races of this season.
The Series Coordinator role is primarily responsible for:
- Setting the Series calendar and racing schedule
- Setup of all Teams and Squads using the online registration system
- Handling queries from new riders
- Managing the circuit hire and other associated bookings
- Setup and overall management on Wednesday evenings
- Coordinate the volunteer marshals each week
Time commitment for the Series Coordinator is up to 7 hours per week from September through to March. The role could very easily be shared by a small team of 2 -4 people.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in the running of an extremely successful and popular cycling series. The new coordinator will have the full support of the current coordinator and the CCC Committee.
For further information, or to put yourself forward, please get in contact with Stuart
Jones – [email protected].