The Canberra region’s only velodrome has reopened and we are back racing! We may have missed the summer season, but with fast twitch muscles twitching and enduro heart rates soaring all over the ACT, we have no choice but to get out there and turn left!
The Canberra Cycling Club is pleased to announce the inaugural Autumn Track Series, with Round 1 on Saturday 29 March. The Autumn Series will run from 29 March to 31 May and include at least 7 Rounds of great racing.. Riders will be given a variety of races to suit both the sprinters and the enduros, and juniors will also be well catered for.
- Track opens at 1pm for warmup
- Racing commences 2pm and finishes at 4pm
- Riders will need a gold race licence to participate
- Fee: $10 seniors (u17 and above), $3 juniors.
Autumn Track Series Race Schedule 2014
- 29 March – Round 1 – Scratch, Elimination, 3up sprint, Italian pursuit
- 5 April – Round 2 – Scratch, 1 lap TT, Keirin, Scratch
- 12 April – ACT OMNIUM CHAMPS
- 19 April – NO RACING, EASTER WEEKEND
- 26 April – Round 3 – Scratch, Handicap, Elimination
- 3 May – Round 4 – Scratch, 3up sprint, points
- 10 May – NO RACING, CANBERRA WOMEN’S AND JUNIOR TOUR
- 17 May – Round 5 – Scratch, 1 Lap TT, Elimination, Scratch
- 24 May – Round 6 – Scratch, 200 Fly, Mystery Scratch
- 31 May – Round 7 – Scratch, Handicap, Italian Pursuit, breakup
Dust off the fixie, oil that 1/8 chain and get ready for some elbow to elbow action!!
Find out more about Track Racing Here