Where, When, How Much
The Canberra Cycling Club in conjunction with the Vikings Cycling Club runs track racing at the Narrabundah Velodrome (the ‘Bundahdome’) off Goyder St, on Monday nights between 21 October 2019 and 16 February 2020, and has something to offer cyclists at all levels, both new and experienced.
Monday night racing has a fun and relaxed atmosphere where everyone is welcome, regardless of your club affiliation or ability. We would love to see you join the track family!
- Track opens: 5pm
- Racing starts: 6pm
- Racing ends: approximately 8pm, or when the light fades.
- Cost: $10 Seniors (u19 and above), $5 Juniors (u9-u17)
You will need a current Cycling Australia Race Licence to race. Also, you must have attended three novice sessions prior to racing, or be able to demonstrate track riding experience before you are permitted to race.
Club bikes are available to borrow on a first come basis. Bring your own pedals if you have them.
Various training options are available:
- Juniors – Sunday 8-11am, Thursday 5.45-7.45pm
- Novice – Sunday 2 – 4pm
- Open – Sunday 1-5pm
For more information contact Jamie Green or Ray Gorrell
The Narrabundah Velodrome is located off Goyder St in Narrabundah. You need to proceed through Narrabundah Oval carpark, past the playing fields at the eastern end. See Google maps
All velodromes have subtly different rules and Narrabundah is no exception.
- Slower riders at the bottom, due to the steepness of the banking.
- ALL riders must enter and exit the velodrome on foot, and start and finish at the bottom on the home straight.
- Look out for other riders, especially when there are riders of different ability around. When passing in training, shout “Stay down”. This will let them know you are about to overtake them and that they must ‘hold their line’.
- There is no racing or training if it is raining. Cancellations of racing will be notified on the club facebook page.