We are 3 days away from the biggest crits night of the year, and it’s promising to live up to the hype. This is what we’re in for:
- double points and prize money plus Christmas cakes for winners.
- Santa is dropping by
- CCC Christmas Picnic – bring a blanket and some food and enjoy the on track entertainment. Take advantage of the BBQ’s.
- Cycling ACT Hillclimb Champs presentation (see below for schedule)
- Full race commentary
A couple of things to note:
If smoke necessitates the cancelling of racing, we will still run a club picnic with Santa, and the Hillclimb presentations will still proceed. We will, as much as possible, give adequate notice as the week progresses. At this stage, it is looking promising.
It is forecast to be very hot, so please ensure you are aware of the Cycling Australia guidelines and ensure you are adequately prepared if you choose to race. If temperatures are too high, races may be shortened as the afternoon progresses. For full details of CA’s heat policy, please follow this link: https://data.cycling.org.au/sites/default/files/CA%20Heat%20Policy.pdf
The Hillclimb Presentation schedule will occur as follows:
- 5:45 – Masters Men categories
- 6:00 – Juniors, Masters Women, U19 and U23 categories
- 6:30 – Elite Men and Women categories.
Lets close out the year on a massive festive note – we have much to celebrate as a club. Hope to see you there.