Home / Feature / Criterium Racing Update

Criterium Racing Update

Welcome to 2020. We hope you’ve had a safe and relaxing festive season.
With the ongoing bushfires and poor air quality in Canberra, we are constantly monitoring conditions in the ACT and using all data available to make decisions about the safety of holding races at Stromlo Forest Park.

Current conditions are predicted to improve somewhat, but will be heavily influenced by development of the fires surrounding us from all directions. This relates not only to air quality, but also to fire danger ratings and the closure of parks and roads around the ACT.


At this point, we are tentatively going ahead with racing this week insofar as we have not cancelled at this point, but cannot confirm one way or another until we have more solid data on Tuesday. We will give a definite answer one way or another on Tuesday afternoon.


In the meantime, best of luck to all our riders competing at Road Nationals this week. Don’t forget to keep up to date via the Cycling Australia site and the various social media channels covering the events.