To ensure you get accurately recorded on the results sheet week to week please make sure your tag is firmly attached to your bike and parallel to the ground.
Help us keep the admin to a minimum and find and correctly fit your frame plate to your bike
The best position is low on your seat post or even on your seat stay. Firmly mounted on the seat rail is OK too. If your plate is loose or at an angle it won’t read, and you won’t be recorded correctly.
The tags don’t work if they are in your pocket, if they are loose and flapping around, or if the silver ‘RACERESULT” sticker is touching part of your frame.
A few pointers:
- Firmly mount it to your seat post (if it flaps around it won’t work)
- Mount it parallel to the ground
- Mount it so your number is clearly visible as shown in the images
- Nothing should touch the silver sticker
- Keep them clear of saddlebags and spares under your saddle
- Please help others get their Frame Plate mounted correctly
- Please do not put the frame plate in your pocket, it doesn’t work
A note on timing
The main purpose of the new timing system (using the passive tags aka frame plates) is to ease with recording week in week out club race results for our volunteers and to make registration and check-in more streamlined for our regular riders.
With the frame plates, we’re not trying to capture timing data down to the 100th of a second. We are trying to capture the correct finishing order.
Using the shock Cord: