Date(s) - 17/05/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Handicap Championships – the winner gets to keep the trophy for a year!
Note this is a club championship and there will be an overall winner as well as best time for their individual clubs.
Course Start / Finish is the intersection of Smith’s Rd and Naas Road.
There is parking available near the start / finish area. Please ensure that your vehicle is completely off the road, and well clear of the start / finish area.
The hot-dog course includes a traverse over the Mount Tennent saddle three times with a fast return finish at the end of each lap. There will also be a sprint point in a yet to be determined location. The location will be dependent on the road and weather conditions on the day.
Covering approximately 18 km per lap for a total race distance close to 54km this course has something for everyone.
Starting near the intersection of Smith’s Rd and Naas Road just south of Tharwa the course proceeds along Naas Road past the Namadgi National Park Visitors Centre and over the Mount Tennent saddle heading towards the Apollo Road intersection.
Approaching the intersection of Naas Road and Apollo Road riders will make a U-turn (9km from the start line approx.) and return to the start line. This makes one lap of the course and riders in all grades will complete a total of 3 laps.
The 2020 Winter Road season is run by volunteers from the CCC and VCC. This season volunteers will be recognised with free entry to all eligible events in the Winter Road Calendar.
- Format – Handicap
- Race Director – TBA
- Course Link – https://www.strava.com/routes/8634563
- Venue Info – Take great care while driving or riding around the start/finish area and do not stand on the road. Public toilets are available near the village of Tharwa. The Tharwa Country Store may be open for coffee/milkshakes etc. Support them if you can.
Exact times and bunches will be reviewed on the day depending on numbers and weather conditions. Be sure to confirm your start time at sign-on.
|Sign-on & Rego
|9.30 – 9.55 am
|MD, WC grade
|MC, WB grade
|MB, WA grade
- Riders should register via Entryboss prior to the race.
- On the day entries must provide evidence (ie your licence card or email showing payment) of a current CA race licence. This is particularly important for month by month licence holders. No licence, no race.
- All riders sign on between 9.15 – 9.45 am. No late entry.
- If you have a permanent race number please bring it along
- Riders must be present for the race brief prior to their grade start
- Please present your helmet including an approved helmet sticker at sign-on
Scratching and Cancellation
- Scratching – Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off.
- Race Cancellation – Riders will be provided with a full refund if the event is cancelled for any reason.