Date(s) - 23/05/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The race that makes walking the next day something to be feared.
This event is held in memory of club hardman from the early eighties, Mike Paral.
Mike was formerly of the Canberra Old Boys (COBACC) who merged with the Canberra Wests to form the Canberra Cycling Club. Mike died in March 1983. Traditionally a handicap, the Iron Mike is now run as a scratch race.
Course start/finish is at the Stromlo Forest Park West Carpark.
There is limited parking at the start / finish. Do not park on the roadside near the start/finish area. If you do park near the start / finish, please ensure that your vehicle is completely off the road, and well clear of the start / finish area.
The main car park at Stromlo Forest Park is a short warm up ride from the start / finish. We recommend that you park there.
Riders will ride through Uriarra Crossing and along Brindabella Rd to the end of the bitumen and return to start/finish. Each lap is approx. 50 km, M A/B/C and WA will complete two laps while M D/E and W B/C & U17 will complete one lap.
Junior will complete laps of a shortened course (see below).
The 2020 Winter Road season is run by volunteers from the CCC and VCC. This season volunteers will be recognised with free entry to all eligible events in the Winter Road Calendar.
- Format – Graded Scratch
- Race Director – TBA
- Course Link – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31538073
- Junior Course Link – https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31538112
- Venue Info – Take great care while driving or riding around the start/finish area and do not stand on the road. Public toilets are available at Stromlo Forest Park. The Handlebar may be open.
Exact times and bunches will be reviewed on the day depending on numbers and weather conditions. Be sure to confirm your start time at sign-on. Junior start times will be confirmed on the day.
|Sign-on & Rego||9.30 – 9.55 am|
|MD, WC grade||10:10am|
|MC, WB grade||10:16am|
|MB, WA grade||10:20am|
- Riders should register via Entryboss prior to the race.
- On the day entries must provide evidence (ie your licence card or email showing payment) of a current CA race licence. This is particularly important for month by month licence holders. No licence, no race.
- All riders sign on between 9.15 – 9.45 am. No late entry.
- If you have a permanent race number please bring it along
- Riders must be present for the race brief prior to their grade start
- Please present your helmet including an approved helmet sticker at sign-on
Scratching and Cancellation
- Scratching – Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off.
- Race Cancellation – Riders will be provided with a full refund if the event is cancelled for any reason.