Date(s) - 22/03/2020
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
This event has been cancelled please see – https://www.canberracyclingclub.org.au/statement-regarding-coronavirus-racing-and-training/
This rolling course profile has something for everyone. In the handicap format it will be important to keep your bunch together and working smoothly over the rolling terrain. Gauge your progress at the turn points and wind up the pace to make the catch or stay out in front.
Course Start / Finish is at Lookout Hill Tharwa.
There is only limited parking at the lookout and riders are recommended to park at Tharwa Village. Should you decide to park on the road near the start you please ensure that your vehicle is completely off the road, and keep parked vehicles well clear of the start / finish area.
The race will be 2 laps of a 25km course for ~50km total race distance. Start at Lookout Hill on Tidbinbilla Road. Head north on Tidbinbilla Road and turn around just after the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve. Return to the base of Lookout Hill to complete the first lap. Head out again on the same course and turn around at the Tidbinbilla turn point. When you return to Lookout Hill for the second time the finish line will be top of the hill.
The 2020 Winter Road season is run by volunteers from the CCC and VCC. This season volunteers will be recognised with free entry to all eligible events in the Winter Road Calendar.
- Format – Handicap
- Race Director – TBA
- Course Link – https://www.strava.com/routes/8117423
- Venue Info – Take great care while driving or riding around the start/finish area and do not stand on the road. Public toilets are available near the village of Tharwa. The Tharwa Country Store may be open for coffee/milkshakes etc. Support them if you can.
Exact times and bunches will be reviewed on the day depending on numbers and weather conditions. Be sure to confirm your start time at sign-on.
|Sign-on & rego||9.15 – 9.45|
|MD, WC grade||10:14am|
|MC, WB grade||10:20am|
|MB, WA grade||10:25am|
|MA grade||10:28am (scratch)|
- Riders should register via Entryboss prior to the race.
- On the day entries must provide evidence (ie your licence card or email showing payment) of a current CA race licence. This is particularly important for month by month licence holders. No licence, no race.
- All riders sign on between 9.15 – 9.45 am. No late entry.
- If you have a permanent race number please bring it along
- Riders must be present for the race brief prior to their grade start
- Please present your helmet including an approved helmet sticker at sign-on
Scratching and Cancellation
- Scratching – Scratching is a self-serve, automated refund via EntryBoss if withdrawing within scratching cut-off.
- Race Cancellation – Riders will be provided with a full refund if the event is cancelled for any reason.