In view of the current weather and the weekend forecast, the organisers have reluctantly taken the decision to cancel the event scheduled for Saturday 12 and Sunday 13 April.
Our Omnium championships requires six events be held over two days. Delays caused by rain would severely impact on the 108 events to be run.
Rider safety is our primary consideration as well as the comfort and well-being of officials and volunteers. In particular, the infield site works are very soft due to the wet conditions and creating a potential hazard for any rider coming infield from the duck board.
We will continue planning for this event to be run later in the year, possibly in October.
We wish to acknowledge the preparatory work undertaken by Bill Laing (Spectrum Graphics) and Ray Gorrell for the design work and program compilation and Ed Rice for the entry system design. We will hold this over for our next championships.
We extend sincere thanks to all riders who entered our event. Entry monies will be refunded.
Club track racing will continue on Saturday afternoons until late May.